Can any one identify these 2 little frys?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Xtremez

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
we picked them up from our friend's and we have no idea what this specie is called, but the mature fish are quite big (5 inches maybe)
dsci00115au.jpg

Awww, I don't know what they are but they are really cute. :D Congrats on your new babies. (y)

HMm the fry look like convicts but it's not unusual for the fry of some species to look different than the mature adults. What kind of fish did your friend have? That would help narrow it down.

Edit: Hmm from your post it seems like you don't know what the adult fish are either, is that right?

only this specie :|

EDIT: yup no idea.. i really want to know so it will help me breed them in the future, i might buy more if these happens to be two of the same sex

I'm pretty sure that they are convict cichlids, if not they definitely look like them. But I'm sure they are cichlids

If your friends don't know what they are, see if you can snap a pic of the adults. The greenish back is drawing a blank for me. I'll see if I can find anything in one of the atlas's I have at home.

doesnt look like green severums from google search, if it helps our friend said the mother fish moved the eggs around, and at night she held the frys in it mouth.

My first guess would be convicts. I just had a batch not to long ago, but their was no mouth brooding. My second guess would be Zebras. they are mouth brooders, and often have a similar pattern to those pictured. They are not green severums. I can almost guarantee it. they are shaped different.

I agree with what's been said... Cons or Sevs. At any rate, congrats on the pick-up.

Back
Top Bottom