Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-31-2013, 10:52 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Can anyone tell how long till she pops?

Shes pregnant and i want to make sure i get all her babies because she is so pretty, how long do you think she'll take?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3453761221.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	161.3 KB
ID:	149010  

Old 02-01-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellyflesh View Post
Shes pregnant and i want to make sure i get all her babies because she is so pretty, how long do you think she'll take?
Hey, i don't really like guessing, because that's what it would be. It can be very hard to tell from a pic, some can be ready to burst, others not so much. Sorry i can't help you on that but have a look at this breeding trap. It is designed to save all fry. I have mine set-up a few days and my guppy(who wasn't very big) had fry today in it. It's very hard to say whether it does save ALL the fry, unless you sit and watch the whole birthing..I would guess it's about 90% but i still think it's much higher than a standard trap. Once sucked into the separate box, the fry can't get back to momma. I found i had that issue with the type of trap you have. I would definitely recommend it. If your in the US, i'm sure it's readily available in your superstores....Ian
Ps..You need an air-pump to use this, a small cheap one will do.....
Penn Plax Aqua-Nursery Automatic Circulating Hatchery

Old 02-01-2013, 09:26 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian086 View Post
Hey, i don't really like guessing, because that's what it would be. It can be very hard to tell from a pic, some can be ready to burst, others not so much. Sorry i can't help you on that but have a look at this breeding trap. It is designed to save all fry. I have mine set-up a few days and my guppy(who wasn't very big) had fry today in it. It's very hard to say whether it does save ALL the fry, unless you sit and watch the whole birthing..I would guess it's about 90% but i still think it's much higher than a standard trap. Once sucked into the separate box, the fry can't get back to momma. I found i had that issue with the type of trap you have. I would definitely recommend it. If your in the US, i'm sure it's readily available in your superstores....Ian
Ps..You need an air-pump to use this, a small cheap one will do.....
Penn Plax Aqua-Nursery Automatic Circulating Hatchery
Thanks!

Tags
long

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com