Can I breed Rams in this tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'd like the experience of breeding an egglayer and something that will make a little money for my next tank(and my horse lol)
So I was wondering if I could breed Rams of some sort(preferably German Blue or Gold or a cross of the two or Electric Blue and German Blue) in my planted 10 gal tank once I remove all the other fish. I've heard of people doing it in a 10 gal but bare bottom with no decorations besides some slate. Would this work?

I'd like the experience of breeding an egglayer and something that will make a little money for my next tank(and my horse lol)
So I was wondering if I could breed Rams of some sort(preferably German Blue or Gold or a cross of the two or Electric Blue and German Blue) in my planted 10 gal tank once I remove all the other fish. I've heard of people doing it in a 10 gal but bare bottom with no decorations besides some slate. Would this work?

When I bred Rams, I used a planted 10 gal with a sand substrate and a clay flower pot. Rams can be very secretive ( and skiddish) so you want to give them as much privacy as you can. I either layed the pot down or chipped out an opening along the lip and placed the pot upside down so I could see inside the hole.

Hope this helps (y)

Back
Top Bottom