Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-18-2010, 09:33 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Can I move german ram eggs from tank to tank?

I have 5 german rams in a 47 gal tank along with 6 angels about the size of a quarter, 12 neon tetra, 2 mystery snails and a small (2 inch)bushy nose pleco.
A pair of my rams laid roughly 200 eggs on a flat rock which I then moved into a baby net attached to the top of the same tank.The eggs a currently safe from being eaten but the baby net is not nearly big enough to handle that many fry. I was wondering if I could take the whole rock out of the water and move it into a 10 gal breeding tank since I did not move the parents in time. Will doing so harm the eggs or prevent them from hatching? I believe that the eggs are currently less then 12 hours old. The 10 gallon tank has been fully cycled and would probably be the better environment for the fry. It's my first time breeding.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:54 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

yes you can move them many breeders do.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:43 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Yahoo to Acer
yup, just make sure they dont get chilled in the move. also try to match the temps in the tank. a litt bit of Methylene blue in their water wouldnt hurt either.

Tags
egg, eggs, german ram, move, ram, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com