Can someone help identify what fish this is?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

katieshan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
It's either our blue Rams that laid eggs about 2 weeks ago which we thought they ate all of them or its the balloon molly that had babies with the black molly which I don't think is the case. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417316173.646402.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417316185.369036.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417316196.335775.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417316207.518849.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They weren't in the tank yesterday! Woke up today and bam there's little fish swimming around...

So the balloon molly and the black molly had babies?

The balloon Molly is just a genetic mistake that was bred to be deformed honestly. They are the same species.

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

I'd go with same species honestly. No one has reclassified it, and that's all it is, a Molly with a big belly. Temperament, color, breeding, feeding, nothing's changed.

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

I'd go with same species honestly. No one has reclassified it, and that's all it is, a Molly with a big belly. Temperament, color, breeding, feeding, nothing's changed.

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

It's can't be reclassified because it's not a pure strain. Most mollies in the common pet trade are actually hybrids of schenops and latipinna.

They are both mollies, don't know what the little one will turn out to be though.

Back
Top Bottom