can someone please get me a pic of a pregnant cory??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think you're making a BIG assumption. How long have you had "her"? How many in the school? Water parameters in that tank?

From all of your posts, I think you believe this breeding thing to be much easier than it really is.

Preggers

Hi,

Getting a Cory to be egg-laden is easy, once the reach maturity. Just feed 'em! Getting them to successfully spawn is another matter. When they're full of eggs, you can't miss it. Viewed from the top they are very wide, compared to a male. Oftentimes they are so fat that the actually rock back and forth on ther belly and lean sideways when sitting still. I have a few in the house that are getting ready to blow. I'll see if I can take a few pics today, time permitting. - Frank/Guppyman

Weren't you just asking about choosing cories just one post earlier...?
And also about breeding?
and what happened to the cories you bought around Valentine's?
And weren't you having water quality issues then?

Weren't you also asking about getting puffers?
Did you ever get any gourami? What came of that?
And you were asking about breeding then too, were you not?

Without trying to sound snotty, you need to back up and regroup...
by your posts things seem a little rushed and in a hurry to see something breed.
I don't remember you having many nor really big tanks either....but I could be confusing you with someone else. Did you buy new ones?

Hate to be the wet blanket but this fire is getting out of contro! I don't think breeding advice is appropriate for this poster....don't encourage him!!

no those are better now... the water was like 22x17.9 for the ppm but i found out that for some reason its only like like 11 dbh upstairs... ever since i put my bio wheel in my ammonia has been at like 0.12 and i forgot what my nitite is ill check that when i get home... i had 2 about vally and i got 2 more to make a school of 4 :)

OK...I'm not sure I'm following your method of measuring water parameters. Before you even add any more fish, your water should be as follows for the basics parameters.
Ammonia = 0
Nitrite = 0
pH = 7.0-7.5 for corys
Nitrate = less than 20
Breeding corys isn't as easy as it sounds. It's not hard either, but you'll need an established tank and mature corys. You'll also need another tank to raise the babies. I would suggest getting a book on this subject and doing some research on it before you go any further. Baby cories have special needs as far as water depth and feeding until they reach a certain size. The eggs also require some special care to insure that they hatch and don't develop fungal infections. See if you can find "Corydoras Catfishes" by Dr. Warren E. Burgess. It's # WW-046 from T.F.H. Publishing and will give you a good basic overview of their needs. It also has a section on breeding them.

My cories have layed eggs three times and the male has been involved. But I have never had any eggs hatch. From what I understand it is pretty tricky getting them to hatch.

Sometimes cories can also go to the surface and swallow a bubble of air. This makes their bellys really fat but will go away after a few hours.

krap101,
Amazon.com has some great aquarium books (free shipping over $25) since you are having trouble locating books at the public library.

Back
Top Bottom