Can you ID these eggs? Catfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MylesMom08

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys, so I was just getting ready to plant new plants in the tank when I stumbled upon these eggs when I turned over my driftwood. It leads me to believe they are False Juliie eggs as the wood and anubias nana are right under my filter outlet in the strong current.

I do have a small pair of juvenille angelfish who are only like 3 months old (to young to mate?), odessa barbs, neon tetras, and then single fish with no spawning partners so I ruled them out (BN pleco, snail who has never laid one egg in 5 months so Im pretty sure its a male lol)

Any ideas guys? I have no intent to breed corydoras - or any fish for that matter after I witnessed all my platy fry die from a rookie mistake after I changed to much of the fry tanks water. I'd rather enjoy the fish I have and not worry about babies :) so I will just let nature take its course. Plus I think some of my angelfish ate some :nono: lol Just to show you how small they are, I got a picture of my false juliee under it.

img_2620114_0_774614ea669c1ca7371e7e18546cd795.jpg

img_2620114_1_b6ef4eeabf61f4de28c93329239da26a.jpg

I think likely they are catfish eggs. Might hatch, if so, might get a few live fry.. but don't stress over it. If you don't want to raise them, the other fish will probably eat them, assuming they don't eat the eggs before they hatch.

I have had albino cats lay eggs that looked like that.

I moved the eggs in tank water to an empty small aquarium and I got about 30+ babies that hatched?

Back
Top Bottom