Cant find guppy fry :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishies86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've just come home to find that our guppies have both given birth (exactly 28 days) for the 2nd time. I was really excited to have more babies (we saved 12 from the last batch), but I can't find any :(
I thought there must surely be at least one survivor, but can't find even one! Oh well... Another month to go then until we get something new happen...

they could be hiding in the substrate,do you have gravel?

alLexX said:
they could be hiding in the substrate,do you have gravel?

Ooo, I hadn't thought of that :) yes I do have gravel. Last time the fry hid in the cabomba, so I just assumed that this lot would so the same. Time for some gravel scanning :D

yeah,thats what my swordtail fry did.i thought there mom had eaten them,then a while after i took her out,the fry started to come out

Found two!! Woo! :D the last batch that we had, we thought we'd found all of them. After a week we went on holiday for another week, and when we came back we found another one. She was a lot smaller and was a black blue colour. All the others are orangey yellow. Weird ;)

Well, just thought I'd let you know that after I wrote the last post, we found another 10 guppies. I've come home from work today and we've caught another 13! So including the 1st batch, we've got 37 guppy fry! :D first batch are just starting to show a bit of colour. So exiting :)

Back
Top Bottom