Catfish (Pleco) Breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I actually really want to breed some plecs now! What are everyone's general requirements for plec breeding. I have hollowed log caves already in my tank for my male BN plec want to get an albino female. My GBRs are breeding an my barbs are harassing the girls a lot more with bright colors

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I actually really want to breed some plecs now! What are everyone's general requirements for plec breeding. I have hollowed log caves already in my tank for my male BN plec want to get an albino female. My GBRs are breeding an my barbs are harassing the girls a lot more with bright colors

If the tank is all set up all they need is a large water change with cooler water which resembles the rain season, but if you have gbrs in same tank I wouldn't do that as they tend to be sensitive to sudden water temp changes.

do you have to do the water change as I emptied my tank half out yesterday to clean it and don't want to do that again haha

Ahk I might wait till I have a different tank setup before I attempt. I will still get the female and see what happens. My GBRs have been through a lot with a heater breaking right as winter hit here in Australia (it's not all sunny -3 at night and 15-18 day) but yeah I'll wait till I have a select breeder tank setup which I plan to do eventually.

Need advice, which is better , albino or marble long fin

I personally prefer the longfin marble one because I've never seen one. Every place around me sells the l144 and albino but not the marble ones. Really depends what you like.

awesome, yes that is true tho, I just bought a long fin marble male to breed he is 8cm :)

Back
Top Bottom