Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-04-2005, 01:41 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Change in Colour During Breeding.

I am aware that most fish change colour during breeding / courtship and this is what is making me think my puffer's are.

My male and female puffer-fish are now near each other like only 6 inches (max) away from each other when they use to be at opposite ends of the tanks

I have also previously said how both fish now are displaying the red / pink on the end of the anal fins.

Both fish have put alt of weight on .... especially the female.

Today the female has some like red patterns on her body as well, dont worry she has not been attacked or anything it looks very natural, purely colour change.

What do use think about this information, is it a good thing lol ?

Please comment.

Old 09-04-2005, 02:52 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via ICQ to cdawson
It sounds like a change of mood, maybe eargerness to spawn. I've never heard of a brood garb in dwarf puffers before though. All fish will change colour though depending on their mood.

Tags
breed, breeding, change, colour

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com