Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-19-2010, 11:50 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

cherry barb babies

I had 5 cheery barbs in my planted 20 gl until about a month ago when I moved them into my 55gl. I was looking at the 20 this morning and I see this baby fish, it is definetly a cherry barb, must have been eggs left in the tanks. Is anyone familar in breeding these guys? What do the eggs look like? I read that they hang from plants, but I never noticed anything out of the ordinary. I have several mano shrimp in the 20, I figured they would eat any eggs.

Old 08-26-2010, 07:40 PM   #2
cwt
Aquarium Advice FINatic

The eggs are clear, very tiny, and will stick to things. Lucky you that one has survived... whenever I get the fry here, they don't last very long.

Old 08-26-2010, 11:03 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Found another

Found another baby, this one is smaller than the first, so I'm thinking there must have been more than 1 set of eggs. The other fish in the tank are neon tetras and harlequin rasboras, don't know what you have in your tank, but these guys don't bother the babies.

Tags
babies, barb, cherry, cherry barb

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com