Cherry barb fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J-T-T

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I was changing the water the other day and literally stumbled open a fry!!!! Couldn't find it again so thought I was seeing things. Nope. Found him again today. How do I care for this little guy ? When is he safe from being gobbled up?

Put him into a breeder trap or net without dividers
Feed crushed food- mine get this " recipe"
1-teaspoon of hikari first bites
5- algae wafers
1- teaspoon flakes
Crush all together in a baggy and feed with a wet sticklike object dipped in the food
Do not release into the main tank until bigger than the biggest fish's mouth
You can also feed some BBS, a frozen bloodworm or two, and chopped up freeze dried bloodworms

Thanx!!! I will try that recipe!! Found 4 more. 3 are brand new... Seems like I find more daily!! The biggest one 'willy'..he is already out of hiding and is now living in one of my plants!!!

Here they are. Well half of them.

image-1948667755.jpg

image-2379062294.jpg

There is atleast 3 more still in the hiding stage

Attachments

• image-99602930.jpg
    image-99602930.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 120
I've always liked the idea of cherry barbs I see them at my Lfs all the time . Just my tanks are stocked or have a stocking list :) congrats you must be very proud :)

Thanx! I now have atleast 9. I left 7 in there own tank plus I wanted to make sure there wasn't anymore hatching before I cleaned the tank out. I just found two more in my 55g.!!!!

Back
Top Bottom