Come ON mama!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anything I can do to help Miss Cruella to get a move on besides setting my alarm to do baby checks every few hours through the night? :)
It's Day 36...
I've raise the temp to 82-84 the last few days... Did a PWC the other day... She (as well as other 2 mollies) are eating well.
Today she has her top fin down while she swims in place by the heater. She's been hanging by the heater the last 10 days! :) If I come to the tank she swims over to me to see what I'm doing and then makes a lap around the tank and back to heater...
I know nature WILL take it's course, but come on!! HAHA

LOL :)

She's squirming and wiggling funny around the heater and chasing off Charger (who has found the need to be by her constantly these last few days!). Almost looks like she's trying to hug the heater. She's even more square than I thought she was yesterday...
She must have her own reality show about the stupid things fish humans do to capture their babies!

"NURSSSEE! Get that baby out before she eats it..."

Haha, mine holds FOREVER too! First time it happened I had no clue what to do. My mom read convinced she was just fat it was so long. Keep watching!! :)

ocminpin said:
Haha.... Ya..
Well, she had a batch Sept 19th, Oct 23rd and now....... Hmmm

Lol what, do you have like a calender to track? Haha

Heehee.:: I have them in a countdown calendar app on my phone .. Except it counts days SINCE an event. I put each birth for different females and different batches in so I can keep track of everything. First time doing this so it's all new and a learning experience.. Plus then I'll also know what to tell LFS and know when certain developmental things happen with the fish... Also how old fry will be when I sell. Call me crazy?? ;-)

ocminpin said:
Heehee.:: I have them in a countdown calendar app on my phone .. Except it counts days SINCE an event. I put each birth for different females and different batches in so I can keep track of everything. First time doing this so it's all new and a learning experience.. Plus then I'll also know what to tell LFS and know when certain developmental things happen with the fish... Also how old fry will be when I sell. Call me crazy?? ;-)

Not crazy, but dedicated! Lol you seem lile a great breeder, maybe try your hand at somthing a bit more challenging;)

Thank you... :)
Well I don't have room for anything else!! Haha...
29 gal main tank, 20g L juvenile Molly tank, 10g newborn Molly tank....

I think I missed them in the middle of the night, though not sure how I could have missed ALL of them with only mom plus one adult molly and a small guvenile 12 wk old... Looked in colosseum and nothing...
She's still slightly puffy but not as thick.... :-( still a little hope but not much.
What do you guys think of these pics I took just now compared to those the other day posted above?

View attachment 64140

View attachment 64141

her chest area looks smaller - thats prob not her popping a few already, just pushing them towards the vent in preparation. but if she is birthing, then hoorah!! x

p.s why dont u have her in a breeder net to save the babies?

I've never used breeder nets only for the fear of added stress.
I just moved her to 10g birthing tank I've used before that seemed to work and allow me to save large numbers... 45 or so as opposed to 15 last time. I think it will be less stressful. Lets hope for the best :)
Upon looking at get closer, it does look like they're still in there... It's SOOOO hard waiting!! Day 38

I'm really slackin'..... I look in the tank, see new fry and go "Oh wow! I didn't even know she was preggers...." Then I leave the fry in the main tank with the adults and go about my business. :oops:

HAHA.. Well, working on very slowly getting back the money I've spent so far on these guys... It will take awhile I'm afraid :)
On my 7th birth... Have missed 2 completely. Still wondering what's happening with Cruella here..: nothing has happened overnight in 10g... Still puffy.. Day 39

She's sitting at the surface gasping... Her tail flexes up and down slightly... She's just hanging out at the surface.. Swimming a lap and back to where she was.

Back
Top Bottom