common plec?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMO your Pleco is either a common or a Sailfin. Both very closely related. I think the Sailfin variety has 13 or 14 rays in the dorsal fin. Both grow pretty big.

IMO your Pleco is either a common or a Sailfin. Both very closely related. I think the Sailfin variety has 13 or 14 rays in the dorsal fin. Both grow pretty big.
thats what i was thinking after looking on google possibly sail fin ...is sail fin more expensive

Leopard Pleco is just another name for the Sailfin Pleco. The Sailfin and Common are very similar fish. Wouldn't be unusual for some to label a Sailfin, "Common".

I'd say it's a sailfin. Sailfin have more of a giraffe spot look to them. The Common pleco's have more of a look like rounder spots connecting. I think...

Looks common to me. Spots on a sailfin's face should be bigger in size if I'm not mistaken

Of it's eyes have an X or cross hair look it's a sailfin. I can't tell from your pics

I'd say that's a common pleco. It definitely doesn't have the X or cross hair. I'm also looking at my common right now and at your pics you sent and they look identical.

Back
Top Bottom