Compatibility questions.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
danios would work fine, if in a group, they'll stay to themselves... i would caution you against guppies unless you have a means of selling or giving away the fry

thats the whole thing i want fry and lots of em. i know people who would want them and i wouldnt mind giving them away. i dont want to have to buy any new ones if somebody passes. i have a preggo platy but shes been holding them so long i cant wait anymore. so either one would work i will have to choose when i get to the pet store then thanks a lot!

how big is the tank? if its not at least a 20 long, i would go with guppies... its just my opinion, but seeing how danios like to swim so much, i wont put them in anything smaller

i think its a 25 or maybe a 20 but its not long though i know its way bigger than a 10 and its bigger than a 15 (i bought it at a flea market so i dont know the demisions exactly i just compared it to others). but thanks ill go with the guppies then. how many should i get judging by my tank size ( well assume its a 20gal) ?

Measure the tank. I'm suspecting that you may not want to add to it. How long have you had it running?

I've had the tank running since this past November and I had goldfish in there for a good month then I started with the Platies and Mollies. If I get rid of the tank I'll have room for something bigger but I don't plan on doing that until after I move out of this apartment.

I've had the tank running since this past November and I had goldfish in there for a good month then I started with the Platies and Mollies. If I get rid of the tank I'll have room for something bigger but I don't plan on doing that until after I move out of this apartment.

Measure the tank. I'm suspecting that you may not want to add to it. How long have you had it running?

Knowing it's capacity seems like it'd be of importance to you then. How else will you know if you really do have room to add more fish?

yeah you are right i had a friend of mine bring his empty 20 over to compare with mine and they were the same size to its officially a 20gal. so is it cool to add a few more fish? im thinking like 2 male guppy and 3 female. if not, how many if any should i get?

How many platies and mollies do you have? I'd strongly recommend all males (or females if you like) for livebearers. You will quickly overpopulate.

Back
Top Bottom