Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-10-2016, 12:19 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

convict cichlids pairing issue

Hi!

So im trying to pair this male and female 2inch convicts i have but im not sure wth is happening.

-the female was being chased by the male. She usually just swims away.
-i thot it was kinda normal so i just added a few more hiding places
-the female found a small hiding spot. When shes in there and the male comes, she kinda fights back as not to let him in.
-im doubting theyre nesting in there because the hole is smallllll.
-another thing is the male knows where that spot is and he roams around the tank...goes back to the entrance of that spot and they kinda fight/kiss but not to the point that the female is chased out.
-if the female gets out for food, the male violently attacks her until she goes back to that spot.

-no there r no eggs yet
-yes im sure theyre male and female and are mature enough

Since im not sure what the hell theyre doing im confused what to do...shud i remove the female because she cant seem to eat well? Should i add my extra female in there? Should i just wait?

I dont know. Please help. I know theyre easy to breed but i just wonder if they r compatible or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Old 06-13-2016, 11:54 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

POTM Champion

Send a message via Skype™ to Carriwin
Were they a previous mated pair, or did you just kinda put a male and female together and hope for the best?

Old 06-16-2016, 05:35 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

They were never a pair. They were 2 single cichlids at the store and i purchased them hoping theyd just pair up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriwin View Post
Were they a previous mated pair, or did you just kinda put a male and female together and hope for the best?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Old 06-30-2016, 02:46 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I had that problem before even when they mated and breed some babies. the male eventually harassed the female to death =(

Tags
air, cichlid, cichlids, convict, convict cichlid, ich, pair, pairing

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com