Convict fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would say congratulations but the truth is they will very quickly overrun your tank I ended up getting rid of my breeding pair as they kept breeding and I found it impossible to get rid of the fry.

I would say congratulations but the truth is they will very quickly overrun your tank I ended up getting rid of my breeding pair as they kept breeding and I found it impossible to get rid of the fry.

Oh no worries about getting over run, my LFS had been trading me supplies/credit for fish.
This is just the first time it's happened in the community(bedroom) tank. It's kinda cool tho, watching them be parents. Like a night and day difference, the male is still the tank boss but he is so gentle around the fry. The pink female was shy,now she is the protector. seen her tiny self push away a 5in Jack!!

But ya can't wait to see if I have hybrid convicts, mixing the black and pink.??

One of my first batches of fry are adults. Traded some off to my lfs, gave a bunch to my brother. Just about all of them, about 8 pairs, have paired off and spawned, he can't stand it :D I kept a female and her brood that are growing up that I will be trading off soon. They breed like crazy, but it's fun to watch.

Back
Top Bottom