Convicts or Current setup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Should I have a Convict Species Tank or Keep current setup?

• Convict Tank

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Current Setup

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Wiseguy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys just wanted some opinions on weather I should convert my 55 Gallon tank into a species tank for convicts. I currently have two Convicts that are both around 2" which I believe to be male and female, a 1.5" Green Terror and 2" Firemouth. Should I keep my current setup or start a Convict species tank. Open to opinions and or suggestions.

If I were you, I'd start breeding, but not convicts as they seem bred everywhere and disposing(selling/rehoming) them would be quite difficult, and eventually you might be overrun? Maybe try some other type of cichlid? if not, just keep the original setup, which seems nice;)

maybe try a biotope tank? like Tanganyika cichlids only? or a Lab tank?

i love convicts, and support the species tank, but TheFishBoss97 makes a good point.

another idea would be to get only one of every cichlid you can find and see wether or not you can cross-breed them :)

If you choose to crossbreed them ( which I strongly discourage!) DO NOT ever sell or trade them! Crossbreeds are fine if you ONLY keep them in YOUR tank for your enjoyment.

Back
Top Bottom