Cories still won't spawn?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
My params are 0, 0, <10, 7.4 pH. I did a 50% water change with cooler water and the tank dropped to about 74 degrees. I have confirmed two males and three females, I'll post a video if wanted. I've been feeding bloodworms. Help!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They may not be old enough to spawn, may not be in the right condition to spawn or may not be in the mood to spawn. One water change does not necessarily make fish want to spawn.
Are they alone in the tank? Are there other fish in the tank that may have eaten the eggs if they spawned and you missed it? Do you feed other foods besides just bloodworms? Where the females full of eggs? ( They would look really plump if they were.) Are these wild fish or domestic? Wild fish may need a different PH level than domestics. The temp went down to 74 but what did it start at?
All these things have to do with WHY. ;)

My albino cories have spawn loads,

I don't feed them anything special(they won't eat anything but algae wafers and flakes), I haven't had to do water changes for it to happen(this can help), just let nature take its course, when they are ready it'll happen,

I've just hatched another 50 eggs 3 days ago, I tried loads before to get them to spawn, nothing really helped, so I got annoyed, and thought sod it I'll leave them (obviously do the normal things water changes and the like) if they don't want to spawn, then about 2 months later I had eggs.

It could easily be that they are to young or just dot feel like it, just keep an eye out, they will spawn when they want to

Sent from fish phone

Just read my post again, didn't mean it to sound arrogant or anything(came across that way to me lol) there's a lot of ways that people will say none of them are 100% perfect so you gotta find the one that works for you....

Good luck hope you have some spawn soon

Sent from fish phone

The tank was at 80 degrees, the fish are around six months old, and I feed bloodworms and algae wafers along with fresh food and whatever they get that the other fish miss. The females have been very very chubby. There are several cave areas where they could have laid eggs. They are domestic fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If they have spawned at night you may have missed them and they will eat the eggs, they might not want to spawn at the min, nature will eventually take control an they will spawn

Sent from fish phone

Cories will spawn randomly, given the proper conditions, and I think the fattened females are just waiting for the right time.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

They're still young...give it a little more time and it will happen eventually :)

Back
Top Bottom