Cory breeding and sexing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have microworms so I hope they hatch! Good luck to you too!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well I guess I have magical fry?
Started with about eighty eggs. I maybe squished 5, 10 got fungus and were removed
I saw four hatch two days ago, counted four both days, but magically all the eggs have disappeared into thin water.
However, I checked this afternoon and have ten fry. So six more came from nowhere and about 50+ went where? Only one popped out of the breeder trap and it has to be a slim chance of that happening. Where did all my babies go?

Good luck bren!
I picked up some hikari first bites yesterday, and my friend is going to give me one of his microworm cultures. I haven't fed them yet but will today

First bites is wicked, you don't need to feed them for 3 days after hatching the egg sack will keep them fed after 3 days it will have dissolved

Sent from fish phone

Day four and I still have nine left. I saw one escape through a hole and get munched by a tetra. The tetras are now hanging out under the breeder smacking their faces into it when the fry move.

I have seven guys left, a few died. But, on a light note, 38 more hatched overnight and there are still more eggs to go! I guess I did a better job than the first time! More than tripled my hatch rate with less eggs :)
When can I put the two batches together? I know the bigger guys will probably steal most of the food at this stage but maybe three weeks?
Bren how are your wee ones?

Hey mine are doing well. I alternate between microworms and first bites. I have 7 or 8 fry and just got another small batch of eggs waiting to hatch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Whoop whoop Cory's spawned 2 days ago. The eggs looked infertile but I put them in the breeder net anyways. Now I have fry!!!!

Sent via Messenger of Gondor

Back
Top Bottom