Cory Cat Fry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xomoosecandiixo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Unknown Fish Baby

I found a funny looking fry in my tank about.... 1 month and a half ago? I just released it into my tank along with three platy fry. The thing is, I have NO idea what kind of baby this is. It's not a platy, because I removed them before it was born. I found eggs stuck to my filter intake, so i'm thinking it may be a cory cat. The fish that I have in that tank are: 4 Panda Cories, 1 Skunk Cory, 1 Pepper Cory, and previously 2 Julii Cory's. I was leaning toward the 2 Julii's which I have moved to my mom's tank. However, the shape of this baby's tail isn't the same as the cories. So i have no idea what kind of baby it is. :( Any help identifying it would be greatly appreciated. :D

Attachments

• New Image.JPG
    New Image.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 267
I agree. It looked like a cory right after it was born. I forgot to mention that i had neon tetras in the tank as well...... But no guppies. I'm stumped. :???:

more than likely, the guppy hitched a ride on something you bought from the lfs. i've had fry come in on plants, had a platy fry come in a bag with some yellow labs once (of course it didnt make it in that tank very long lol)

i got 2 cory's a bronze and a peppered and i have guppy's recentley i found a few fry in the plants n substate i managed to find 8fry and put them in a breeding box anyway that picture is definatley a guppy and not a cory fry,my fry are exactly like that in the pic it deffo a guppy you have, like the other poster said it sounds like it hitched a ride

Back
Top Bottom