Cory catfish eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DanRamirez57

Aquarium Advice Freak
So today I noticed a ton of fish eggs on the glass of my ten gallon planted tank it has 3 albino Cory catfish and 2 emerald Cory plus a dwarf guarami. I removed as many as I could and transferred to my shrimp only tank as I know the shrimp won't really mess with them. My question is was I ok
to move them to a shrimp only tank as I don't have a breeder tank as of yet but I'm considering getting one.

I think Cory eggs may be too tough for cherry shrimp to penetrate. I googled it and It seems that most people are saying it should be fine. It might even be good because the shrimp can eat the eggs once they go bad which might help the good ones from being fungused. I have had cories spawn recently but the eggs were all eaten by other fish so I have no direct experience with it saying this stuff for sure.

So far so good they are still there and look the same. We will see in a couple of days I guess. Thanks for the response.

i woud really recomend putting them in a small clear cup of there own inside another tank and treat there cup with one drop of meth blue. and change 50% waterchanges daily not replacing the meth blue so on the 3rd day (when they hatch if the temp is around 80) there is no meth blue left. i have found without huge water current or meth blue the eggs just fungus.

Back
Top Bottom