Cory catfish eggs hatched!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

laylasgrammy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My Cory catfish was laying eggs the other day so I scraped some off the glass with a razor blade and put them in my breeder box. This morning we woke up to little tiny Cory's in the box!!! It's awesome to watch them swim around!

HI Everyone!!!
I have Swartzi Cories, so how do I get them to breed? Is there a secret? Thanks in advance for the advice

Most cories require a week of conditioning and then a cool water change to trigger a spawn. I feed mine black worms every other day for a week and then do a 50% water change refilling the tank with water about 10 degrees cooler and usually the next day they lay eggs

I always has the best luck with live black worms but as long as you feed them heavily for about a week the start to think its spring and everything is coming around. Then the cold water change simulates the spring rain. They have spawned for me before with just plain old flake but they go nuts for live worms

Hi Fdsh5, just wanted to say hi and see what you breed/sell. I noticed you have assassin snails available to sell and I live near buffalo and may be interested in buying local from you or other aquarists you know in the area. I'm new to this site/app so I don't know how to pm so I just thought I would drop a reply here. Let me know, thx

Back
Top Bottom