cory eggs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Emma123

Aquarium Advice Regular
Had the wonderful surprise of coming home to see my fat cory is now not so fat and I have 10 visible eggs :D now I want to know how long they will take to hatch and anything I can do to keep them safe? Any help is greatly appreciated.

They take 3-5 days to hatch and need to be pulled out of the tank. The fry will get eaten. The eggs are tough so you can use a credit card or something similar to take them off the wall. You can leave them in the tank and see what happens but I never had luck that way.

They take 3-5 days to hatch and need to be pulled out of the tank. The fry will get eaten. The eggs are tough so you can use a credit card or something similar to take them off the wall. You can leave them in the tank and see what happens but I never had luck that way.

I don't have another tank so I had the idea to put them into my breeding trap.. only problem is my platy is very heavily pregnant and I was going to put her in there tomorrow.. if she give birth will the fry eat the eggs?

float a small cup or container in the tank, and change water every day, put your platy in the breeder trap

If you only fill it half way, any container will float. Just make sure to change it every day.

If you only fill it half way, any container will float. Just make sure to change it every day.

I managed to save 4 of my eggs.. and they are in a container.. looks like 2 are fertile

emerald76 said:
Yes, it is

Sorry about the double post. I would get the eggs now because they take a day or two to hatch and the fry will starve in that time plus it is handy to always have some.

Sorry about the double post. I would get the eggs now because they take a day or two to hatch and the fry will starve in that time plus it is handy to always have some.

Oh right.. ok then thanks

So what happened? Did they hatch?

Those ones didn't but she laid some more about 4 days ago.. this time I saved 14 and they are in my breeding net.. looking like a few might hatch today or tomorrow :)

Back
Top Bottom