Cory eggs and guppy spawn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

newfrye

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I noticed today that I had these little balls stuck all over my fish tank today and my blue snail cleaning them off. I quickly realized that they were most likely cory eggs from my juliis. I was able to get off the tank so they weren't snail food anymore and moved them into a smaller planted tank with fancy guppy frye. I wonder now if I just fed them to my Amano shrimp or if they'll be safe in there. Please help, it's not easy being a fish daddy with no support.

Corydoras Eggs

So I noticed today that I had these little balls stuck all over my fish tank today and my blue snail cleaning them off. I quickly realized that they were most likely cory eggs from my juliis. I was able to get off the tank so they weren't snail food anymore and moved them into a smaller planted tank with fancy guppy frye. I wonder now if I just fed them to my Amano shrimp or if they'll be safe in there. Please help, it's not easy being a fish daddy with no support.

Hello new...

If the Cory eggs were fertilized, they'll hatch in roughly 3 days. The amber colored eggs are viable or fertile. The white ones likely aren't. The eggs are very good nutritionally for any of your tank inhabitants, so guard them carefully.

Good luck.

B

Most of the eggs were the amber color. Guess we'll see what happens by the weekend.

next time put them in a container like this:

it hangs over the edge of the tank and all you need to do is 50% water changes 2 times a day. keep an air stone in there also. once they hatch you have to separate the fry from the eggs so modify a tuber ware like this:

because when you feed the hatchlings the next day you will cause fungus to grow on the eggs. and any that were good wont hatch. poke holes in the tuber ware with a 6mm needle about midway and around the circumference and keep an air stone in it also. once they have reached this size:

it is safe to put them in a breeders pin till the have reached this size:

anywhere btw these 2 sizes you can put them in your tank and if you want to sell them then at the later size is when you can. I use 1 dried brine shrimp cube, 1 dried tubifix cube, 1 pinch of flake food, 1 good sprinkle of sera micron(fry food), and 2 algae wafers for fry food. also add some seaweed from the fish store and all of this is crushed up in fine dust. this has good protein and helps selling them due to them being able to eat just about anything.

Last edited:
A little hard to see the pictures, but thanks for the info. Not sure when to expect another batch of eggs, but will definitely follow the steps provided. Thanks!

Here we go again. One of my green Corys is being chased by 3 smaller green Corys putting eggs all over the tank. They all appear beige right now and sniper snail is on the move.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399562240.879303.jpg

And now the sword tails are snacking. I need to move in now. Argh!!!

new fry I promised pics for:
albino/emerald cory fry
albino/emerald cory fry
new Mollie and mosquito fish fry the Mollie fry I got from lfs since he wants me to raise them.

That's cool! Not sure what is going on in my tank. I tested the waters, haven't done any water changes in a while and the nitrates are around 30, but they keep laying eggs.

This morning I caught the snail trying to get into the bucket with the eggs. Thankfully my one year old pushed him off.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399647221.968941.jpg

There were more eggs, but I couldn't get them all before the other fish. :(

The fish is not with the eggs. I've been thinking about moving the container to my shrimp tank after they start hatching. It just has shrimp guppy fry and that's it. What do you think?

Just saw the first one swimming in the box. It is trying to go through the sides, but it's head is too big. Safe for now. Woohoo!

your lucky just check to make sure they don't get their head stuck or they will drown since they are air breathers

Back
Top Bottom