Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-06-2013, 12:11 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Cory Fry

Anyone know what to feed newly hatch cory fry. Most of the eggs only hatched today and still have their sacs but what do I feed them then....

Old 08-06-2013, 07:43 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian086 View Post
Anyone know what to feed newly hatch cory fry. Most of the eggs only hatched today and still have their sacs but what do I feed them then....
Are they in a separate tank? They should be okay for the first two days because they'll eat their yolk sacs. Micro worms is a good first food. As they get bigger you could start to feed newly hatched brine shrimp. As they get bigger again you can start to increase the size of the brine shrimp

Old 08-06-2013, 08:54 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzter View Post
Are they in a separate tank? They should be okay for the first two days because they'll eat their yolk sacs. Micro worms is a good first food. As they get bigger you could start to feed newly hatched brine shrimp. As they get bigger again you can start to increase the size of the brine shrimp
They are inside a large plastic container, inside the tank. Like a large breeder box. The micro worms and newly hatched brine shrimp, are they available as a frozen food, like blood worms??
Old 08-06-2013, 10:46 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hello Ian...

Corydoras are meat eaters. I feed anything frozen. Brine shrimp, Mysis shrimp, plankton, krill, bloodworms, beef heart, etc. Just cut up the cubes in a small plate and let them thaw a bit and spoon a little of the food into the water. They'll get the message pretty quickly.

B
Old 08-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBradbury View Post
Hello Ian...

Corydoras are meat eaters. I feed anything frozen. Brine shrimp, Mysis shrimp, plankton, krill, bloodworms, beef heart, etc. Just cut up the cubes in a small plate and let them thaw a bit and spoon a little of the food into the water. They'll get the message pretty quickly.

B
I just found some brine shrimps in the freezer. It just say's brine shrimp on the packet, not baby Brine. That should be ok, right??
Attached Images

Old 08-06-2013, 11:27 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hello again Ian...

Perfect. Just one cube will do. Put it on a plate and let it thaw. You can pour it right from the plate into the tank water.

B
Old 08-07-2013, 10:52 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBradbury View Post
Hello again Ian...

Perfect. Just one cube will do. Put it on a plate and let it thaw. You can pour it right from the plate into the tank water.

B
Cheers BBradbury. I tried the Brine Shrimp. I didn't put the whole cube, just cut small bits off it. I put some in at both ends of the trap. Now they didn't go mad for it but as they are so tiny, I didn't really expect them to attack it like Piranhas...haha. I doesn't look like they touched it but it would be hard to tell I guess, as they would only eat tiny amounts??. They don't seem very active though. They tend to huddle together in one corner and only 'move' if I get close to the tank. I did have a few dead loss, which I is normal for that many fry, I guess??. I removed the dead one's from the trap. I use a turkey baster to carefully remove any uneaten food the next day....

Tags
cory, fry

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com