Cory Fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian086

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone know what to feed newly hatch cory fry. Most of the eggs only hatched today and still have their sacs but what do I feed them then....

Anyone know what to feed newly hatch cory fry. Most of the eggs only hatched today and still have their sacs but what do I feed them then....

Are they in a separate tank? They should be okay for the first two days because they'll eat their yolk sacs. Micro worms is a good first food. As they get bigger you could start to feed newly hatched brine shrimp. As they get bigger again you can start to increase the size of the brine shrimp

Are they in a separate tank? They should be okay for the first two days because they'll eat their yolk sacs. Micro worms is a good first food. As they get bigger you could start to feed newly hatched brine shrimp. As they get bigger again you can start to increase the size of the brine shrimp
They are inside a large plastic container, inside the tank. Like a large breeder box. The micro worms and newly hatched brine shrimp, are they available as a frozen food, like blood worms??

Hello Ian...

Corydoras are meat eaters. I feed anything frozen. Brine shrimp, Mysis shrimp, plankton, krill, bloodworms, beef heart, etc. Just cut up the cubes in a small plate and let them thaw a bit and spoon a little of the food into the water. They'll get the message pretty quickly.

B

Hello Ian...

Corydoras are meat eaters. I feed anything frozen. Brine shrimp, Mysis shrimp, plankton, krill, bloodworms, beef heart, etc. Just cut up the cubes in a small plate and let them thaw a bit and spoon a little of the food into the water. They'll get the message pretty quickly.

B
I just found some brine shrimps in the freezer. It just say's brine shrimp on the packet, not baby Brine. That should be ok, right??

Attachments

• p-29745-42135-fish-food.jpg
    p-29745-42135-fish-food.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 130
Hello again Ian...

Perfect. Just one cube will do. Put it on a plate and let it thaw. You can pour it right from the plate into the tank water.

B

Hello again Ian...

Perfect. Just one cube will do. Put it on a plate and let it thaw. You can pour it right from the plate into the tank water.

B
Cheers BBradbury. I tried the Brine Shrimp. I didn't put the whole cube, just cut small bits off it. I put some in at both ends of the trap. Now they didn't go mad for it but as they are so tiny, I didn't really expect them to attack it like Piranhas...haha. I doesn't look like they touched it but it would be hard to tell I guess, as they would only eat tiny amounts??. They don't seem very active though. They tend to huddle together in one corner and only 'move' if I get close to the tank. I did have a few dead loss, which I is normal for that many fry, I guess??. I removed the dead one's from the trap. I use a turkey baster to carefully remove any uneaten food the next day....

Back
Top Bottom