Could my GloFish be PREGGERS??!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

detrwingsfan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
The last two weeks her belly has been swelling and I don't know if its an abnormal growth or eggs. I've attached a picture of her. She is very active and eats like always.

The tank is a 20 gallon with 2 neons, 2 GloFish, and 4 black skirt tetras. I clean it every two weeks with a 5-7 gal replacement of water and the filter. The tank has been healthy and active for over 1 year and kept at 78 degrees.

Anyone know what is wrong with her or is she really preggers??

I circled her and circled the part of her belly that is bulging in black.

Attachments

• Fish.jpg
    Fish.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 1,020
Glowfish are egglayers so no, if have males in the tank they may breed. If u want them to make lots of heavy vegitation avalible to them

it is definitely pregnant, not bloated or sick pregnant. if it is consistently growing and gets bigger than it is pregnant,

with glo fish they made the males sterile not the females they will spawn and the male will attempt to fertilize the eggs but most likely they will get eaten or not get fertilized so babies will be hard to come by.

they have loads of eggs though that look like little clear balls and they spawn in the morning right about when the lights come on watch for the pregnant female to be swimming around with the males harrassing her they will bash her into the tank and plants to dislodge the eggs but all of the other fish will follow her around and eat them before they hit the ground for the most part.

if you want to breed them for your own personal use look up how to breed danios or ask and ill let you know i have a few tricks i used

it is definitely pregnant, not bloated or sick pregnant. if it is consistently growing and gets bigger than it is pregnant,

with glo fish they made the males sterile not the females they will spawn and the male will attempt to fertilize the eggs but most likely they will get eaten or not get fertilized so babies will be hard to come by.

they have loads of eggs though that look like little clear balls and they spawn in the morning right about when the lights come on watch for the pregnant female to be swimming around with the males harrassing her they will bash her into the tank and plants to dislodge the eggs but all of the other fish will follow her around and eat them before they hit the ground for the most part.

if you want to breed them for your own personal use look up how to breed danios or ask and ill let you know i have a few tricks i used

The males of the glofish are not sterile. I know someone who raises his own glofish and he has hundreds of babies from them. They all glow just like the parents. You can even cross regular danios with them and get glofish from them.

Back
Top Bottom