Could this work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

misterpenguin4

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I want to start breeding kribensis in my 36 gallon. I already have a nice female, so I just need a male. I can take in all my other fish ( 1 other female krib, 2 gold gouramis, and 2 GBRs). I have a featherfin catfish that is about 2.5 inches, and I was wondering if I could keep him in there. I have had him for over a year and I really like him. It would just be him and the two kribs.

Here is the tank.

Thanks

Since kribs usually breed in caves, the cat may be okay to leave in there however, the fry will be at risk once they become free swimming as the cat will most likely eat them. When I bred my Kribs, I did it in a tank by themselves.

Hope this helps

This may sound bad, but I don't really care if the catfish eats some of the fry. Kribs breed so much that I wouldn't know what to do with all of the fry. My lfs will only take so much.

This may sound bad, but I don't really care if the catfish eats some of the fry. Kribs breed so much that I wouldn't know what to do with all of the fry. My lfs will only take so much.

I hear ya ;) This is the plus and minus of fish breeding. Sometimes, if you get too good at it, you get tooooo good at it and you are stuck with fish. lol As long as you know the potential, you can work with it or around it. Good luck on your effort. Keep us posted (y)

I hear ya ;) This is the plus and minus of fish breeding. Sometimes, if you get too good at it, you get tooooo good at it and you are stuck with fish. lol As long as you know the potential, you can work with it or around it. Good luck on your effort. Keep us posted (y)

Will do! Thanks for the good advice and quick response!

Hey I was looking at kribs online are they very aggressive?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom