Courtship of black kulhi loachs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tetra1990

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have 4 of these in my 29 gallon. Last night after lights out I noticed two of them acting weird. They were under a root decoration and intertwining their bodies like snakes. Could it be a mating thing? Sorry I didnt think about getting a picture. But three of them are big and thick and the other one is pretty small. So maybe a male and 3 females?

from the very limited info out there about breeding kuhli loaches i would say no its prolly not breeding because the only verifyed accout i have come across had the male and femail swimminig franticly togeather in the mid and upper water levels but there are only a few aquarist who have breed khulii loaches and considerably less who witnessed it so even though i doubt it i really hope it is :):) take lots of pics and document it just in case

Yeah, I didn't really think so, but you never know. During the day, they are just sitting on the bottom. But at lights out, PARTY!

It could be breeding. Then again there is so many opinions about kuhli loach breeding. Some sources state that they are bubble nesters.

Back
Top Bottom