Crud: Eggs but I don't know of What!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crepe

Aquarium Advice Addict
While I was pruning my plants I found a cluster of eggs on a leaf. I'm not sure of what though! I'm thinking it's my white clouds but it also may be snails. Anyone can help me ID?

What do pond snail eggs look like?

Some of the eggs are orangish the rest are white or clear. The eggs are about .75mm across and round.

There are about 12 or so of them clustered together around a stem.

Yah, got my camera working (finally). I don't have a macro lens but i'll do my best. Pics in about 10 minutes.
I remember pond snail eggs being pretty huge and gross so I don't think it's that.

EDIT: It might not be my clouds either as they bred last week and sadly none made it.

img_1140142_0_3a3caf33128de12c90dcd2599d5aa150.jpg

whats all in the tank? pond snails more like some slimy spot with dots in it. i believe white clouds are egg scatters where those look more sticky. whats all in teh tank?

Otocinclus Sp., Mountain Minnows, neon tetras. That's it.
As for snails I've seen a few MTS but I know that MTS are live bearing snails; also pond snails (maybe 2).

Otocinclus most likely. they are the only ones i think off hand that are sticky egg layers.

Wow, tagging along to see. What is your tank parameters? Just curious.

20 gallon high.
Ammonia-0 Nitrites-0 Nitrates-30ppm
3 ppm phosphates
82-84F night/day
7.4pH
9dKH
Planted tank.
cascade 500 canister
8 hours light, 16 hours dark cycle.
Weekly 50% water changes.
5 White clouds (one of them is still gravid)
6 neon tetras
5 otocinclus

Pretty lightly stocked I would say.

Back
Top Bottom