CRUELLA Preggo again :-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
alia258 said:
Oh I couldnt tell! I've never seen a fish with a partly clear tail, mine have all the way clear tails, so I get paranoid and check every day that they're still attached because it wouldn't be oblivious! (now, why exactly did I tell you all of that??? Eh, it's alright, doesn't hurt ya) sorry bout the confusion with your fishies tail!

No worries :) I did that once too at a glimpse... Her colors have changed dramatically since I got her...

This is her 5 months ago:
Same fish I swear LOL

image-4165510660.jpg

image-462334056.jpg

Whoa-hoa-hoa-hoa! That's some serious color change there!

When you think about how many babies they have in thier tummy it must really be uncomfortable for them!!!

maestromad said:
When you think about how many babies they have in thier tummy it must really be uncomfortable for them!!!

I was able to save 44 last time... I lost maybe 15 or so that got eaten..

The last pregnancy I missed all but one and this is what she looked like:
I'd imagine she had at LEAST 60!

image-2815304895.jpg

image-1855430765.jpg

Okay okay... I actually fed her a golf ball for dinner that day...

HAHAHA that pic was from last pregnancy in Jan... I woke up one day and she was skinny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Miss Cruella is quite fuller in the chest and looks more solid. I fed her just now in hopes of keeping her full... Even though during birth an appetite suppressant is excreted by the brain. Should be set to have a good 45-60 healthy fry with her left alone in the tank.
... I told her she's not coming out till she has babies, so she'd better get a move on... ;-)

I'm doing a 50% PWC now to see if it will encourage her to pop fry out overnight...

It's been an hour since WC and she's swimming short laps quite irritated... Tank lights off, bubble wand on... I'm watching her from the couch... I'm hopeful for babies in morning, but knowing how she makes me wait sometimes it may be longer...

She's gotten a bit bigger since yesterday...

image-1937663456.jpg

image-4067158433.jpg

What have you been doing with all her fry? By now, she's had quite a few since you've had her, right?

LyndaB said:
What have you been doing with all her fry? By now, she's had quite a few since you've had her, right?

I lost 2 of her batches in the mass 80 juvie fish loss, have missed 2 completely in main tank that were eaten, and I have 16 juvies in my 20g now who are 1/4-3/4". She's had 5 batches from September--February.
I've sold to LFS before and have about 3-4 LFS who will buy juvies at 1 1/2-2".
This will be batch #6

That's alot of batches! You really know what you're doing!

alia258 said:
That's alot of batches! You really know what you're doing!

I don't have anything to do with it!!! LMAO!! :-D

My male died 2 months ago... She's been holding onto sperm for awhile... They say up to 6 mths

Starka said:
No babies yet? Very pretty pictures, wish you the best!

Hey Starka :)
No, nothing yet... Thank you so much... Cruella is one of my favorites. I'm sure most people know that by now :) runner up is my gorgeous Charger with her snow white flowing tail :)

It sounds like it may be soon, feed her and see if she eats it! Shell eat it (not gonna pop yet) or she won't (gonna pop in T minus 10...9...8...) :)

alia258 said:
It sounds like it may be soon, feed her and see if she eats it! Shell eat it (not gonna pop yet) or she won't (gonna pop in T minus 10...9...8...) :)

I've been feeding her a lil bit daily.. Bloodworms yesterday.... It's morning and nothing.... Going back to sleep...
I've had a Molly chase food & eat it, poop & pop out a few babies all in the same 5 seconds!!

Eating isn't always an indicator... Though I wish she had a countdown clock on her side..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom