Cruella READY again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
emerald76 said:
I'm guessing 100 fry
You should take guesses on how many she'll have then ship one o her fry to the winner lol
You don't cull fry do you?

Hahaha....

I haven't really had a reason to cull fry up to this point (with the exception of some platy fry who were exhibiting poorly symptoms like their mother was before she died--- thinking it was inherited)...
Cruella has had healthy growing babies from
All the batches... Only thing that happens is the occasional die off over a few months because I scoop out all fry from the tank and don't do survival of the fittest.... I'm assuming the ones that die along the way were the weaker ones who would have died in the beginning anyway.... Majority make it to their 1-1.5" mark when I sell them. I've talked to people who have taken them in past and still alive and well...

Went to check on Cruella this morning and my tank had an EXPLOSION OF LITTLE BLACK BABIES overnight!!! They were EVERYWHERE!!!! Have caught a major ton already and she's still going! Her belly has downsized to a normal looking ready to pop "squared" look...!!
YAYYYYYY BIG MAMA!!

Edit: My younger Dalmatian Molly "Angel" gave birth at the same time! She's skinny as rail, so no way for accurate fry count from Cruella... Cruella definitely moving along though!

2nd edit lol: I realized just now that of course all these fry are being born at once within days apart because I got that new male with 4 females available to him!

maestromad said:
Awesome!! Well done ccruella! :D

Pause the congrats pending a baby mistake again! Got a good look at Cruella and she's still very big.... It's a possibility it's not her at all....
Angel is big enough to birth that many and was square. I think my eyes are playing tricks on me... Angel is crazy skinny ....
I've counted approx 35 fry...

I'm not used to this much confusion OR waking up to fry everywhere like a piñata burst :)
I must seem a little crazy to you guys lol

ocminpin said:
Pause the congrats pending a baby mistake again! Got a good look at Cruella and she's still very big.... It's a possibility it's not her at all....
Angel is big enough to birth that many and was square. I think my eyes are playing tricks on me... Angel is crazy skinny ....
I've counted approx 35 fry...

She is never gonna drop those fry!!! LOL!

It's like the hugely pregnant lady at the store you dont want to get in line behind because you're afraid her water will break any second.

Bearchumjs said:
She is never gonna drop those fry!!! LOL!

It's like the hugely pregnant lady at the store you dont want to get in line behind because you're afraid her water will break any second.

Exactly!

maestromad said:
Oh dear.....maybe she's letting the others get theirs out the way first!

The one who had the 35-40 is almost 8 mths old... Cruella is closer to 1 1/2 yrs old.... I'm guessing 60-80 out of Cruella

Do we get any up-dates? Or are you too swamped with fry to post about them? How's Cruella? How are you, for that matter? Must be stressful...

ErinMcG said:
Do we get any up-dates? Or are you too swamped with fry to post about them? How's Cruella? How are you, for that matter? Must be stressful...

Hi! Nothing to update... Shes smaller and no fry...
When Angel had babies last week there were loads of fry and adults weren't eating them...
Don't know... Cruella is weird...

I'm okay... Been busy with my new 7 wk old kitten :)

I put my Betta back in 29g...

Bearchumjs said:
I guess she had babies then? Did you ever find any from her?

The thing is.. She just leaned out... Fry were born few days before and I had 35 black ones just swarming the tank... and few days before that 11 silver fry... Survive and not be eaten...
So why would hers be? Hmm... Wonder if it's possible for fish to have hormonal imbalances and false pregnancies??

ocminpin said:
The thing is.. She just leaned out... Fry were born few days before and I had 35 black ones just swarming the tank... and few days before that 11 silver fry... Survive and not be eaten...
So why would hers be? Hmm... Wonder if it's possible for fish to have hormonal imbalances and false pregnancies??

Maybe? I don't know. That's kind of odd though!

Back
Top Bottom