Cruella READY again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocminpin

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here we go again! Cruella is large again! I missed the last batch... Hoping for this one...
I moved the Betta that was in the tank into another 10g... Fry had no chance with her in the tank!
I'm going to be ordering some java moss... If it doesn't help this time... I'll have it for the future... However knowing Cruella she just may hold out long enough. :)
I'm excited this batch... The father is my male Black Molly, "Blaze". Very very excited to see what the babies look like!!

View attachment 90187

View attachment 90189

View attachment 90188

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Cruella is a beast! Babies left and right! :)

Yea she is! Haha... This will be batch #7 since last September -- 7 mths ago... I even went without a male in the tank for 2 mths and she used stored from my precious male...

Gosh she's looking large! Can't be long now, definitely following to see what colours emerge!

I've heard BLACK is a dominant color...?? Anyone else experience this? So.. Odds are more black fry vs Dalmatian Fry.. Possibly... Will have to see. Black mollies are born black mostly or dark gray, right? Vs light gray in the newborn dalmatian mollies...
This is my guesstimate ...

Bubbles0oO said:
Good god! She's HUGE! What's her average baby number?!?!?!

Last 2 batches have been around 60... Up and up and up she goes!

6 months ago it was 40ish...

Now if they are born overnight and I miss birth I can generally save 45ish...
I removed my Betta from the tank so there's a chance for more survivors

Bearchumjs said:
Poor thing! She must be feeling miserable! I hope those babies get popped out soon or she might burst!

Shes been hanging in the colosseum or behind it just hovering for the past 3 days...
Her scales are all stretched...

She is still huge and She's had around 15... Her belly is full up her sides to 1/4" from her top fin...
Scales stretched... She's going from hovering to lightly swimming... And then a few pop out... They swim FAST instantly and they're huge!

ocminpin said:
Here are a few... They're very light at birth this time...

Awww!! So cute! It's amazing she could hold all those in her tummy! I wonder what color they will turn out to be. I'm excited to hear the final fry count.

Back
Top Bottom