dalmation molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay thanks i have 13 how can i tell the males from thebfemales?

down by the anal area the females have a fan shape to them and males have a tube shape

oh and mollys breed like crazy... females don't even need a male there all the time to have babys as they can store the sperm for a while. you may have your hands full hehe.. I have 1 male and 2 females and they keep me busy with fry. hope this helps and good luck :)

difference+male+female+dalmation+molly.jpg

female-dalmatian-molly.JPG

Have you ever bread them before, these will be my first live bearers is there anything i need to know, i will have a breeder box but food for the fry and how long after birth until i can put the fry into my main tank, sorry for the questions just i dont want any suprises!

Have you ever bread them before, these will be my first live bearers is there anything i need to know, i will have a breeder box but food for the fry and how long after birth until i can put the fry into my main tank, sorry for the questions just i dont want any suprises!

Until the fries are bigger than adult fish mouth.

as stated until fry are bigger than any mouth in that tank. I have a few 5 week old dalmation fry and there still in there own tank as there not bigger than my Angels mouth yet. if you have a spare tank move the baby's in there as they will grow faster than in a breeder box. just make sure you have a sponge filter. if they have to stay in breeder box just might take longer for growth is all.

there is fry food out there you can buy or u could crush fish food into a fine powder with your fingers. or you cou hatch brine shrimp eggs. i used fry food and hatched my own brine shrimp

I was looking to get a hatchery kit and hatch my iwn eggs, is it easy?

very easy to do . google it there are lots of DIY hatcherys out there telling you exactly how to do it. I use a pickle jar and air bubbler.

Back
Top Bottom