Dalmation Molly fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good news! My first batch of fry are doing great, they are still growing and starting to eat more and more each day when I feed the other fish in the tank.

I also woke up this morning to discover five new fry in my tank from my other female Molly! They are darker colored since their mother had a lot more black in her coloring, where as the first mother who gave birth was almost entirely white. They look so tiny compared to the ones I have had for almost two weeks now, it's crazy how fast they grew! Now I really need to figure out what to do with all of these fry as they get older, haha.

I woke up one day and saw 3 molly fry hiding in the rocks. Someone here advised me to get a hang in tank fry basket, so I did. Just like you, I was unable to catch them with a net. The same advisor told me to try using a turkey baster to suck them up. It worked perfectly! I was able to catch them and squirt them into the basket, where they would be safe from the other fish. Give it a try if you're still having trouble catching them.

I actually just ended up leaving all of my fry in my tank. None of them have died or been nipped at by any of the other fish. They just completely ignore them, it's kind of cool. The first batch of them are now bigger than large neon tetras and still doing just fine.

Back
Top Bottom