Dalmation Molly pregnant?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Botanica

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everyone! Just wondering about one of Dalmation mollies...she's been pretty big for a few weeks now. She's in a huge tank (240 gallon) so I'd like to be prepared if I can catch it...lol.

ForumRunner_20120426_151409.jpg

ForumRunner_20120426_151423.jpg

ForumRunner_20120426_151442.jpg

ForumRunner_20120426_151454.jpg

Last edited:
She looks good to go now! If you have a seperate birthing tank you can put her in I'd do it now, shes very square

I have some new sail fins in my 10 gallon quarantine tank right now...so all I have is a birthing box. I don't want to stress her out too bad...but I'd like to catch the fry and save them from being lunch! She isn't hiding out and is eating like normal still...should I watch her behavior closely for those things? Do they always show those signs? Thanks for such a quick reply!

Sometimes they hide by a heater or the filter intake. The momma may not though, depends on her personality. Mostlikely she will hover in some plants or decor. I understand your hesitation with the birthing tank, if you see her birthing , put her in the breeders box with some plants. But if you cant catch her birthing add some plants ( real or fake)

Back
Top Bottom