Danio and golden wonder killifish fry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneech

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I found about half a dozen newly hatched danios, 3 newly hatched gw killifish, and close to a dozen gw eggs. what and when should I start feeding them? I have all the fry and eggs floating in a plastic jar in the tank, plus a small piece of java moss to help provide infusia I think it's called? Any help about an ideal setup and what to feed them would be greatly appreciated! :D

they make a food called first bites by hikari. feed them a tiny bit. I would google their wikipedia page. I feed this and finely crushed flake/granules of food. I have never had fry from any of those. But thats what I feed. I would also invest in another tank to put them in or a breeder net. In a pinch I used a water/milk jug cleaned, punched holes in it, then used a paper binder clip to clip to the inside of the tank.

they make a food called first bites by hikari. feed them a tiny bit. I would google their wikipedia page. I feed this and finely crushed flake/granules of food. I have never had fry from any of those. But thats what I feed. I would also invest in another tank to put them in or a breeder net. In a pinch I used a water/milk jug cleaned, punched holes in it, then used a paper binder clip to clip to the inside of the tank.

I actually have an almost full bag from when I had swordtails. Neither seemed too interested in it, but I read the danios will still use their yolk sack for a few days, so it's mainly just food for the killies is the issue at the moment. And I have a breeder net for when they get bigger.

Back
Top Bottom