Danio might burst

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hoovercat

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys, I bought a 29 gal. used tank that came with a pair of Zebra Danios and one is obviously a female full of eggs. However, it's been over a month and she hasn't laid any eggs. I thought she might not like the male so I bought 3 more hoping she might see a better mate and lay. I'm afraid she might die if she doesn't lay those eggs soon, any advice?

Welcome to AA Hoovercat!

Have you tried doing a PWC and raising the temp slightly in addition? Do you have some thick plant foliage? Have you sexed them (the males are somewhat smaller and more brightly colored)? You could have all females.

Here's what I would try. Seperate the female in a 10g spawning tank for a day. The next morning add 2 males to the 10g tank and see if the spawn commences. :wink: If they spawn, remove the adults when they're finished.

Note: Only fill the spawming half way. This will allow the eggs to sink to the bottom without being eaten as the fish are spawning.

Back
Top Bottom