Denison's Barb, Roseline Shark, Red Torpedo Barb, etc. breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rain87

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have been doing some reading and other than an accidental breeding in a zoo and a couple of hobbist tanks. There aren't any reported cases of breeding them. Does anyone know anything different?

I have been doing some reading and other than an accidental breeding in a zoo and a couple of hobbist tanks. There aren't any reported cases of breeding them. Does anyone know anything different?

I'd say that's about the same that I've come across ... good luck if you can. I'd like to hear from someone who's actually breed them. In fact ... I'd love for someone to tell me how to tell the males / females apart.

From what I have read there are subtle differances the males being more slender and the females being rounder that kind of thing. They are of the minnow family or species or whatever

From what I have read there are subtle differances the males being more slender and the females being rounder that kind of thing. They are of the minnow family or species or whatever

I think I read that too somewhere ... but as far as I can tell ... every one I've ever seen all looked the same in proportions.

And yes ..they are in the same family(Cyprinidae) of fish as Carps, Minnows, Barbs, Goldfish ... etc. More specifically in the same Genus (Puntius)mas the Barbs in my tank.

Back
Top Bottom