Developing a guppy strain.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Brennae do you ship fish?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
I'd ship just about anything except the kitchen sink. After the holidays though. I have heat packs etc. Pm me and I can combine with the IAL if you still would like some.

Brenna

I'd ship just about anything except the kitchen sink. After the holidays though. I have heat packs etc. Pm me and I can combine with the IAL if you still would like some.

Brenna

Yeah definitely after the holidays!

I would actually suggest getting an all black guppy and pairing it with a leopard guppy.

I have all black guppies (1M 2F) right now that I'm crossing with guppies with bright blue fins to get a black bodied guppy with blue fins.

I have about 40 babies right now and I don't know if any of the black females offspring are male. If I end up getting an all black male from the batch you might be able to have one.

But that's a few months off still.

I have a blue female
A blue tuxedo female
2 black females
1 black maleImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1450989987.928993.jpg

I have a blue female
A blue tuxedo female
2 black females
1 black maleView attachment 282487

So I'm pretty sure for most genes in guppies the males colors will be dominant. I tried a crossing red tuxedo male with a turquoise female, and most of the fish came out red tuxedo! Some blue shows through, but they are definitely red. I know there are a few colors that pass through from females to males like red and blue. I'm not sure exactly but I gotta do more research.

I'm thinking most of your F1 guppies with the black male as the father will lead to mostly black males.

Gotcha,

Yeah I'm interested in seeing what they all look like when they are old enough to tell for sure.

I've only got 2 males out of like 50 fry so my ratio isn't the best for males lol. And one had a curved spine so I had to cull it.

Guys just found a site on a thread called guppy alternative. Looks pretty dope! I think I would like to order a trio from them!

I'll have to check them out.

Back
Top Bottom