Discus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr.sam

Aquarium Advice Activist
So after months of my discus laying eggs and eating them I come home today and find not discus eggs but discus fry i believe that's the proper term for baby discus. This is the first time I have ever had any of my fish reproduce. I am at a complete loss as to how to take care of them. I'm super excited and very scared. If anybody has any knowledge as to how to take care of them please helpImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415836691.830657.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The fry will feed on the slime produced by the parents. They will graze on the parents sides When they get large enough, you can start them on freshly hatched brine shrimp.

Some one told me I would have to remove the other discus from my tank in order to inshore the fry survive is there any truth to that

Some one told me I would have to remove the other discus from my tank in order to inshore the fry survive is there any truth to that

If they're in a community tank, I would move the fry to another tank after they start eating on their own. This is usually about 2-3 weeks. Bill is correct with baby brine shrimp. Usually you'll see a pink belly develop in the fry indicating it's about time for a move.

Before I forget, CONGRATS !!!!

Here's an excellent resource for all your Discus needs. http://forum.simplydiscus.com/

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you.

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom