Discus eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tinadno

Aquarium Advice Regular
So my discus laid eggs on my driftwood. This is a first for me! They are doing a good job at guarding them, but does anyone have any advice on how to care for the eggs or when and if they hatch? Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 125
If they hatch. they will free swim in about 5 day. the fry will eat the mom and dads slimcoat. for about 30 day. at that piont you can start feeding Beefheart.

I have a problem with my discus pair, they eat the eggs all the time, do your discus do the same at the beginning? Or there is some kind of problem with mine ? Thanks.

This is the fourth time, she lays eggs every week about 200 eggs every time, here is a picture of the young pair, I put a divider so it's only the pair there is no more fish with them. Last time I tried to protect the eggs from eating I put some kind of mesh but the eggs were covered by some kind of bacteria.

Attachments

• image-3351442921.jpg
    image-3351442921.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 73
My discus have been laying eggs every 3-7 days. They either get eaten or they turn white. I would probably have to separate them if I wanted them to hatch.

Back
Top Bottom