Dissappearing eggs! Plz help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GorJess

Aquarium Advice Regular
My kribs layed eggs about 2-3 days ago .. Today i had to get the sucking cat fish out and the only way to do that was to take the plants out and get them with a net.
I accidentally moved the cave a little and I think the kribs got a bit upset. When I looked back in the cave the eggs were gone but I could still see little circles where they were before? Mum had moved to a different cave now but I can't see in the cave.
Do u think its possible she ate the eggs or moved them??
Please help. I'm really worried

They were eaten. Parents will eat the eggs if they are unsure about the environment, stressed, etc.

My kribs layed eggs about 2-3 days ago .. Today i had to get the sucking cat fish out and the only way to do that was to take the plants out and get them with a net.
I accidentally moved the cave a little and I think the kribs got a bit upset. When I looked back in the cave the eggs were gone but I could still see little circles where they were before? Mum had moved to a different cave now but I can't see in the cave.
Do u think its possible she ate the eggs or moved them??
Please help. I'm really worried

The mom prob moved it. When her first hiding spot gets disturbed/"dangerous", she will move the eggs to safety. Many cichlids do that. Angels move their eggs all the time.
But the eggs might have gotten eaten too....... :(

I'm so upset!!! My Lil boy is sad too! I'm wondering if I should take them back and get a different breeding pair that are showing more Colours. I wonder if it will be quicker than waiting for these to breed again

I'm so upset!!! My Lil boy is sad too! I'm wondering if I should take them back and get a different breeding pair that are showing more Colours. I wonder if it will be quicker than waiting for these to breed again

Just wait it out. It will happen again soom

Omg!!! I looked at the kribs today just after I did a 1/4 water change and I thought the rocks were moving.... But we have krib fry!! How did this happen?? Was this the eggs that disappeared or would the kribs have spawned again a week later,?

Attachments

• image-363707251.jpg
    image-363707251.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 82
She ate them. Take all other fish out of tank. Turn off lights and put some black construction paper over the front of the tank. Without movement they should settle down and breed again in a few weeks.

Actually she DID NOT eat them..... I thought she did and my LFS told me kribs DO NOT hide eggs ............. BUT after a week I looked in the tank Nd I had about 35-40 free swimming fry!!! OMG!!! I couldn't beleive it as everyone told me there is no
Chance she could have moved the fry as kribs don't do that!!! I couldn't beleive my eyes! At first I thought the gravel was moving but to further investigation I realized they were the fry!!

Back
Top Bottom