Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-04-2006, 11:45 AM   #1

do female mollies prepare a "nest"?

My female is looking pretty fat and has been hanging out in a bowl shaped ornament for a few days and cleaning it a lot. is she making a place to have her babies?
Old 08-04-2006, 12:36 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

hi i'm having the same problem with my molly were as mine is just hanging around the top of my filter she is really fat and i dont no when to move here into another tank.

Old 08-04-2006, 01:19 PM   #3

Mollie don't make a nest to have there babys, But they will get real slow and stay motionless a day or two before droping the babys. Hanging around at the top setting on top of stuff. This is a behaver. Of a female geting ready to drop. Mollies will get real square shaped in the anul area, afew dys before droping the babys.
Old 08-04-2006, 11:19 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yup, what weasel f said. Mine just get slow (well as slow as they can get with the male always following her), then in the morning I see some little ones.

Tags
female, mollies, nest

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com