does petsmart buy fry from a pregnat fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfreak5

Aquarium Advice Regular
:confused:HELP!!!One of my fish is pregnant!(I seem to attract this sort of thing in first grade I got a pregnant guppy from shool who lived like 10 years)
i think my red wag platy was impregnated by my mickey mouse play can they even breed together? and if so will petsmart buy the resulting fish ?(if healthy) is there already a breed between the two fish?

Course they can breed. They are the same fish, different colors. Petsmart wont buy anything from you. They are a chain. ONly home owned lfs will buy fish from you.

i asked about petsmart because My siter had a rat it had babies and they bought them

ya petsmarts will take "donations" but wont but them... mom and pop shops are your best bet, dont expect to get much from them though... your best bet is try moving them thru craigslist.com

Not too much. If you want more for them, Aquabid.com is a great site selling everything for fish( and actual fish). People ship fish all the time, they almost ALWAYS make it.

It's illegal for petsmart, petco, or any other large chain like that to buy from locals because they sign contracts with large industries that breed the fish they have in stock by the millions. They can take in fish for adoption that they can then give out to people that reach the requirements/standards for keeping that fish.

Local fish stores that are not a chain, just small business, can buy from you, but are not required to and might not buy from you if the fish are common/easy to breed. Like any livebearer (guppies, mollies, ect.) or other commonly bred fish like convicts.

Hope i'm not repeating anyone since I didn't read the post above.

with my guppies when they spawned I use a turkey baster to get the fry out and put them in a seperate enviroment

also can anyone tell me where of a good lfs in the minneapolis area?

Try posting in your local area forum and see if you get a better response. And try to google Minneapolis area aquarium club, see what you get.

Back
Top Bottom