Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-24-2018, 07:26 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

dwarf bnp?

ok so when we were breeding brown bnp we had a few batches but last ones hatched begining of the year (about 4 months ago) we got 4 left from that last batch ... however 3 of the babies are close to 2inch already but one has not grown at all its eating fine healthy active etc its just very small the other 3 are like quadrupal the size at least of this one its about the same size as our batch of blue eyed lemon babies that hatched a week ago lol its literally only about 1 cm it just will not grow what could be wrong its in a 3ft tank with 5 adult lemons and its 3 siblings

Old 05-26-2018, 01:31 AM   #2
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Sounds like just a healthy runt. Still doing well?

Old 06-23-2018, 07:41 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delapool View Post
Sounds like just a healthy runt. Still doing well?
only just seen this not been on here for a while lol and yes it's still doing well seems to have grown a little bit but still not as big as it's siblings
Old 06-23-2018, 04:16 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

I had one bnp that was so tiny next to the other's and didn't grow much, so when i sold my other's i decided to keep him as i thought no one would buy him anyway so i moved him to my elephant nose fish tank and hes grown really well i wondered if he wasn't getting as much to eat as the other's? Glad i kept him hes turned into a stunning fish!
Old 06-23-2018, 04:22 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

our one is always eating with the others including our adult lemons we still got it's siblings but trying to sell them but no takers ... we going to be keeping the small one too as I'm sure no one would want it either did your one show if it was male or female as I don't think this one will grow big enough to see if it's male or female ... even if it is female i know it won't show bristles anyway so will assume it's a female unless shows otherwise but won't want it to breed with the males if it is female and vice versa
Old 06-23-2018, 04:34 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yep mines a male, i kinda guessed thats what he was and was right! Hes actually grew to nearly 4 inches. Shame you dont live close i would've bought a lemon really like them.
Old 06-23-2018, 05:18 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

yeah I'm down the country in Essex we have been told that lemons are hard to come by in Scotland if you were to ever come down this way we will prob still have lemon babies for a while yet
Old 06-23-2018, 05:47 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

You never know i did see some on eBay but haven't bothered yet. Cheers

Tags
dwarf

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com