Dwarf Cichlid Breeder tank...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDogg

Aquarium Advice Addict
i am going to use my ten gallon as a breeder tank for my GBR (if they try again)

the tank has some plants and gravel, as well as snail i'm breeding for my DP.

what else should i add to make the lives of my rams and there fry easier?

should i have some "target fish" like small tetra or something?

Jchillin said:
Indeed...you're gonna have to remove the snails, they will enjoy having cichlid eggs. :(
you think so!!! that thought never occured to me :?

When I had GBR eggs, the pond snails didn't bother them, as they were probably too big to eat. But the ramshorns ate part of one batch while the parents were fanning the eggs, then I removed what was left.

Lonewolfblue said:
When I had GBR eggs, the pond snails didn't bother them, as they were probably too big to eat. But the ramshorns ate part of one batch while the parents were fanning the eggs, then I removed what was left.
good to know! 8O
i would have left them in and lost all my babies :cry:

What kind of filter in there? I put a piece of sponge filter foam over my HOB in my 10 so the fry don't get sucked up.

My couple never used a cave, they always used something flat like sword leaf or the CO2 diffusor. You might want to ptu something in ther elike slate that is totally level and flat.

crazyred said:
What kind of filter in there? I put a piece of sponge filter foam over my HOB in my 10 so the fry don't get sucked up.

My couple never used a cave, they always used something flat like sword leaf or the CO2 diffusor. You might want to ptu something in ther elike slate that is totally level and flat.
HOB with a sponge over the intake... i learned my lesson when i lost a DP to a HOB intake :(

ok, i think i have a couple of small slates...on a side not...i can not find my Female GBR... i fear the worse... :(

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom