Easiest fish to breed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NEVERLAND

Aquarium Advice Regular
I was just wondering. For a beginner what is the easiest fish to breed? A fish were you just let nature take its course and bam! Suddenly someones fat and not too long after that there is little fry tornado.

Just wondering :)

Molly,platy and guppy are easy to breed.. Swordtail as well.. Just telling u what I know.. And don't keep platy and swordtail together..

Oh iv seen the sword tail those are pretty. Thanks for the reply.

The molly fish are really easy to breed. @ petsmart they have a lot of fish in the tank that are already pregnant. That is where I got mine. All you have to do is choose the really round fat one.

the molly fish are really easy to breed. @ petsmart they have a lot of fish in the tank that are already pregnant. That is where i got mine. All you have to do is choose the really round fat one.

niiiiice. What are the colors on this molly fish?

Easiest fish to breed by far is the Guppy. Add 1 male & 1 female to any container that holds water and presto, pregnant mom. No human interaction required. If you want to raise the fry, it's a little more extensive. ;)

Kribensis! Lovely fish and multiply like rabbits. Egg layers that spawn in a cave and make great parents.

Zebras would have to be #2 easiest after Guppies. You have to make the tank viable for them to spawn (which is not THAT hard :D lol) which is not true of Guppies. It's also a little more involved to raise the fry ;)

All I ever had to do was vacuum some water out and put it in another tank. Babies appeared. I just fed them fry food. Super easy lol.

Back
Top Bottom