Easy breeding fish to be feeders.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aski247

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I just finished setting up my 55Gal, which now leaves me with 2 empty tanks a 20 and 30. My question is what are some fish I could breed with little to no effort in a 30gal? Leaving the 20gal as a grow out tank for the fry. I would like for something that would be able to feed my 6 month old Jack Dempsey. He's roughly 4.5" now. And I anticipate him to be around 6" after the first full year.

Thanks in advance.

Andrew-

Guppies - gestation 21-28 days
Platies - gestation 4+ weeks
Mollies - gestation 4+ weeks
Swordtails - about the same.

Get guppies, get 15 females and 5 males, you'll have babies very, very soon! Also look if anyone is selling guppies (not fish shop) because the guppies they're selling may well be pregnant. Fish stores tend to not keep males and females together for this reason.

Also mollies, I've had 1 male and 1 female, they've had 4 lots In 10 weeks! Also they haven't eaten the fry, either have the neons, guppies and danios

So I'm sitting here Thinking, and I notice no one has mentioned convict cichlids, as I know they are fairly easy to breed as well. I'm also curious as to what may be a fast growing fry to feed my jack as he gets larger.

Back
Top Bottom